Award Winning PADI Divemaster Internship on Tropical Koh Tao
PADI Divemaster Internship Thailand
Located at Black Turtle Dive dive centre, IDC Koh Tao pro level team provide a Divemaster Internship training program that has successfully trained aspiring professional level divers for the last 20 years.
Our professional level Divemaster Internship training program is designed to the needs of each candidate to develop their diver knowledge, skills, competence and create a more confident and exemplary PADI Divemaster.
Our Divemaster Training Program is overseen by our Award Winning Platinum rated PADI Course Director Matt Bolton.
Matt works with multiple PADI Master & Staff Instructors to manage the extensive Divemaster Trainee Program.
Scuba Diving internships are designed to allow all levels of scuba divers and non-divers to train to become dive professionals at a pace that suits the individual.
Lasting anywhere from 3-4 weeks to 12 months our Diving Lifestyle programs are perfect for any aspiring PADI Dive Professional, part of a GAP year experience or for anyone looking for a dynamic personal development program.
We offer the very highest training standards within the scuba diving industry, a dynamic and multi-cultural training environment with world class educational standards, a great social vibe, a fantastic location in a country with amazing culture and of course….lots of fun!
Have you ever dreamed of living on a tropical island, waking up for a morning swim in picture postcard turquoise warm waters, or swinging in a hammock under palm trees?
Well now you can with a Diving Lifestyle Divemaster Internship on beautiful Koh Tao.
Full Diving ‘Lifestyle’ PADI Divemaster Internship
- PADI Open Water Diver Course
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
- EFR Primary & Secondary Care Course
- PADI Rescue Diver Course
- PADI Divemaster Course
- Buoyancy Lab Fluid Mechanics Workshop
- Reef Ecology & Conservation Program including reef ecology seminar, beach cleanup & microplastics survey, Dive Against Debris and coral health survey
- All training dives from beginner to Divemaster
- An additional 30 FREE dives to use during your stay
- All PADI Educational Materials & Certification Fees
- PADI Divemaster Digital ‘Crewpak’
- Divemaster e-Learning
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Digital Electronic Recreational Dive Planner (e-RDPML)
- ReActivate e-Learning
- PADI Divemaster Physical ‘Crewpak’
- PADI Pro Laptop Bag
- PADI Instructor Manual with PADI 3-Ring Binder
- Divemaster Slates
- DSD Cue card
- Scuba equipment pack consisting of:
- Diving Compass
- Wrist slate & pencil
- Surface marker buoy & finger reel
- CPR Rescue Breathing Mask
- Ceramic Diving Line Cutter
- First Years PADI Membership
- 1 Year DiveAssist ScubaMedic Classic (IDEC) International Diving Insurance Cover
- Diving Medical
OPTIONS / ADD-ONS
PRICING OPTIONS (Qualified Divers)
Already Open Water Diver – 76,500 THB
Already Advanced Open Water Diver – 68,500 THB
Already Rescue Diver – 54,500 THB
Price: 84,500 THB
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Divemaster Internship on Koh Tao?
Scuba Diving Internship for a Divemaster rating.
A Divemaster Internship is an extended and flexible scuba diving program for persons who want to achieve the rating of PADI Divemaster.
IDC Koh Tao offers aspiring scuba divers the opportunity to pursue their scuba diving dreams with a flexible and structured program of courses.
Koh Tao is the perfect location to learn to scuba dive and progress through the PADI courses curriculum at your own pace.
Divemaster Internships include a combination of courses, with lots of added extras and normally include all the PADI fees as a package.
How long to complete a Divemaster Internship on Koh Tao?
4 weeks to 12 months.
A Divemaster Internship on Koh Tao can be as flexible as the student wants it to be to fit in with their own itinerary.
A series of PADI courses must be completed to achieve the PADI Divemaster rating and these courses can be scheduled over a flexible time period.
- PADI Open Water course
- PADI Advanced Open Water course
- EFR Primary & Secondary Care Course
- Rescue Diver course
If you are a GAP year student or want a change of lifestyle or wish to pursue a new career in the scuba diving industry, a Divemaster Internship is the best choice.
Whilst all the courses have to be completed to meet all the performance requirements, a Divemaster Internship offers you greater control over the schedule.
Divemaster Internships are available for beginners and current PADI Open Water, Advanced Open Water and Rescue Diver students.
Where is the best Divemaster Internship in Thailand?
Koh Tao provides aspiring Divemaster candidates the perfect location to achieve your goals for a variety of reasons.
- Location – the island is surrounded by over 8 kilometres of pristine Coral Reef
- Dive sites – the underwater topography provides a stunning range of diversity in marine life at 30 dives sites.
- Tropical Climate – multiple dive trips happen daily with an all year round dive season.
- Lifestyle – Koh Tao offers candidates a great social life with lots of land based activities for when you are not diving.
- Marine Conservation – with lots of daily land based and marine conservation initiatives, candidates are actively encouraged to participate to broaden their skills and knowledge set.
- High Training Standards – with some of the world’s most experienced PADI Course Directors, Koh Tao offers candidates first class knowledge, experience and expertise.
IDC Koh Tao has been training recreational and professional level scuba divers for 20 years and has certified thousands of divers that are currently working in various locations around the world.
Will a Divemaster Internship help me find work in Thailand?
Yes, it can and depends on your personal goals.
A PADI Divemaster Internship provides you with training in a variety of recreational and specialty diving courses, conservation, gives you real world experience at a dive centre and helps you to develop a multi-skill set.
What you do with this knowledge and experience will depend on your personal circumstances, aspirations and plans.
To work in Thailand within the diving industry has additional legal requirements such as a visa and work permit.
You can discuss your future and plans with the Divemaster Internship provider before signing up so that your expectations are mutually understood.
How much is a Divemaster Internship in Koh Tao?
From 54,500baht to 84,500baht
The cost of a Divemaster Internship will vary according to your current level of training, what is included in the Internship and if it includes all PADI fees.
Dive centres offer a varied cost structure and it is always best to check exactly what is included in the Internship cost so there are no hidden extras.
A Divemaster Internship potentially offers candidates an inclusive diving package and an opportunity for a career and lifestyle change or they are for people with a passion for diving who want to spend a year developing a new skill set.
PADI Divemaster Internships with ‘Flexi-Scheduling’
Most Competitive Rates Anywhere in Thailand
IDC Koh Tao • Matt’s Industry News
Sidemount Diver Training as a PADI Instructor
I was conducting a routine dive with my Divemaster candidates using a backmount single tank configuration at Chumphon Pinnacles. There was a technical diver also on our dive boat, diving on a Sidemount set-up and he decided to tag along with us on our dive. Half way...
The Importance of Neutral Buoyancy as a Dive Professional
As a PADI Course Director, I have the opportunity to work with and develop hundreds of budding dive professionals. I feel as though I have an obligation to set each and every one of my candidates up for success within the Dive Industry. For me, personally, this means...
What is CITES and why it is important
Planet Earth is home to about 1.8 million species. Approximately 13,000 new species are discovered every year. Together all these species form an integral part of the natural ecosystem and are vital contributors to our diets, our medicine and clothing needs. Yet, many...