The PADI Divemaster Course is the world’s most popular pro level course
Do you have a passion for scuba diving and the underwater world? Do you want to share this love for scuba diving with others? Would you like to take this to a whole new level?
If so sign up now for the PADI Divemaster course and start an adventure of a lifetime. Do something you love as a career – become a PADI Divemaster on beautiful Koh Tao, Thailand.
- Unlimited diving during the course
- Flexible and personalised scheduling system tailored to YOU!
- Dedicated team of PADI Master Instructors and Course Directors
- Free optional working Internship Program
- DMT Discount – Up to 15% off equipment purchases through Crystal Dive Resort
PADI Divemasters are role models other scuba divers look up to. This is because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a Divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
Course Price: 30,000 THB
Who Can Enroll on the PADI Divemaster Course?
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Be 18 years old
- Have 40 logged dives to start course
- Complete EFR Primary & Secondary Care training or other recognised First Aid course within 2 years
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
What Will You Learn?
As a PADI Divemaster, you will supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises, in water workshops, and hands-on practical assessments, you will develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
Key Topics include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Business of diving and your career
- Dive theory
Water Skills Exercises include:
- 400 metres swim
- 15 minute float
- 800 meters snorkel swim
- 100 metre “tired diver tow”
Practical Skills and Workshops include:
- Dive site setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organising a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Practical Assessments include:
- Assisting with Open Water students in confined water training (swimming pool)
- Assisting with Open Water students on Open water training dives
- Assisting with Continuing education students in Open water training dives
- Assisting with Certified divers in Open Water
PADI Divemaster Schedule
The schedule is personalised, tailored to YOU.
- Your timeframe.
- Your learning ability.
- Your individual needs.
We operate a “flexi scheduling” system, overseen by dedicated Divemaster course coordinators. You will also be assigned a ‘mentor’ from our team of experienced PADI Master Instructors. The average program is 4-6 weeks.
- PADI Divemaster course
- Unlimited Diving during the course
- Dive equipment – It’s highly recommended as a PADI Pro you own your own full set of equipment and if you plan on working in the industry after the course it’s an absolute must!
If you would like to purchase equipment when you are here, we can offer you attractive discounts on all major brands if purchasing through our own retail centre.
If you don’t own a full set of scuba, or for travel reasons don’t wish to bring your equipment, we can provide a Mask/Snorkel, BCD, Regulator, wetsuit for you.
You will however need to provide the following for the Divemaster course.
- Knife or Diving Tool
- Pocket mask
- Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
- Tank Banger
Course Price: 30,000 THB
PADI Divemaster Crew Pack: 7,000 THB
• Divemaster Manual
• Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
• PADI Instructor Manual
• Dive Master Slates
• Scuba Tune Up Guide book
• Electronic Recreational Dive Planner (e-RDPML)
• PADI Log Book
2017 Divemaster Application Fee: $AUS 196
This is your PADI Divemaster Application and first year’s membership fees, paid by the candidate directly to PADI via credit card.
Professional Level Insurance
INDEPTHS IDEC: £109 – As you will be completing the PADI Divemaster course, you will be making repetitive dives, regularly over several days and several weeks. It is important you have an insurance policy that covers this type of diving.
We include an INDEPTHS IDEC with our all inclusive scuba diving internship programs and insist ALL our Divemaster in training candidates hold a personal diving insurance. You can obtain your own from the wide range available, or we can arrange the INDEPTHS policy for you.
Unlimited Free Fun Dives
All dives associated with the PADI Divemaster course are included and there is no limit, other than your own enthusiasm for the total number of dives you can do with us during the time you are here completing the Divemaster course.
Become A PADI Divemaster on Tropical Koh Tao
IDC Koh Tao • Matt’s Industry News
I'm living the dream. I've got a job that most people are jealous of - I'm a PADI Instructor. Bright Lights - Big City Here is a little story about myself. My names Nicole Yong and I'm from Kuala Lumpur, the largest and most modern city in...
Key Tips to being a successful PADI Professional This is the first in a series of short blogs by IDC Koh Tao's PADI Course Director; Matt Bolton, offering some tips for success in the scuba diving industry. Business Academy Most people...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." Douglas Adams (Author) "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein "Be brave. Take...
"An Internationally Acclaimed PADI 5 Star Career Development Centre (CDC), this is a Dive Centre that provides you with an opportunity to change your lifestyle and develop a new career."
"Was a hard but great course! Thanks a lot again to all staff who teaches and prepared us so well, that finally the IE was easy going! Thanks Matt, Tina, Steph, Kenji, Steve, Manu and everybody else who supports us."
"They cater to your schedule during divemaster training so you can do it at your own pace and are also environmentally conscious which is an important factor. Anyone considering a professional career in diving should definitely consider Crystal."
"They are very dedicated, and were always there to help me with the theory, and to improve my scuba teaching skills. If you are still searching for a centre to do your IDC at, I recommend doing it with Matt."
"There was absolutely nothing that could have happened during the IE the candidates were not made very well aware of. Everything ran so smoothly for the candidates."
"It's a good decision to do your training with Matt, a lot of information is given and shared experiences. If you guys wanted to do IDC, I recommend doing it with IDC Koh Tao. Thank you for the amazing IDC."
"If you guy's are looking for good teachers and the best Course Director, this is the place..Thank you for guiding us, inspiring us and making us what we are today. Highly recommend."
"I enjoyed every single day of my IDC as well as my MSDT. Matt is an outstanding Course Director who goes all the way out for you, in preparation for the IE."
"The course was fun and you meet a bunch of new people, it’s not hard to fit in. When the day of the IE arrives, you don't even stress about it, because the Course Directors are the best."
"Did my IDC with Crystal Dive and IDC Koh Tao and I'm so happy I chose them. Matt Bolton made sure that there was lots of learning, training and laughs! I felt more than prepared for the I.E. And it showed!"